Established Member.. AlekseyG
Established Member..

Predefined filters in Java-Portlets

Hello!

I want to pre-configure "Time Approval" portlet so that every user could see only timesheets submitted on his projects. In other words "Projects" filter must be pre-populated with the projects the current user is project manager for.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. dirkf Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Predefined filters in Java-Portlets

Hi Aleksey,

might be missing something here but if you have project manager group set to be the time approvers in the project settings, the ootb-portlet 'approve time sheets' should work for you - or not?

The project settings determine who is allowed to approve timesheet lines for that project. Thus all users (even those that have a direct different approver assigned to their resource) will have timesheets approved by that project manager only.

Downside of that is if you have several project managers for the project, but given that they have the same interest, it shouldn't be a problem.

What is the problem with using that portlet?

Best regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
Established Member.. AlekseyG
Established Member..

Hello dirkf!

The point is that i want a PM to approve all time sheet submitted on ALL his projects from a single page. It can be achived by "Time Approval" portlet but it requires to keep "Projects" filter up to date. I want to automate it somehow.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. dirkf Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I would probably use one of the existing data sources and modify it to show resources timesheet in approval status for a project manager (token) for all projects

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.