Absent Member.. AntoniP Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Problem with CLASSPATH

Hi,

we've got two servers with two nodes each one, one for users and one for services. Server1 has ppm1u and ppm1s nodes, Server2 has ppm2u and ppm2s nodes.

All nodes share the same server.conf file located in a network share mounted in both Server1 and Server2 filesystems.

In Server1 we've got no problem, but in Server2 we get a "main class could not be found or loaded" everytime we want to execute a command such as kStart.sh or kStatus.sh. We've found out that CLASSPATH variable is set by kVariables.sh using the KINTANA_SERVER_NAME parameter value, resulting in something like "[PPM_HOME]/server/[KINTANA_SERVER_NAME]/deploy/itg.war/WEB-INF/lib..." (may be not accurate). So, it always takes "ppm1u" value, which is not present in Server2 where nodes available are ppm2u and ppm2s.

Does anyone know how to proceed in this case when different nodes in different machines share the same server.conf?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Antoni

0 Likes
3 Replies
Kardan08
New Member.

Re: Problem with CLASSPATH

Hello,

Please run the following commands:

Run kupdatehtml.sh  

Run the kjspcompiler.sh

Run kRunCacheManager.sh -A

And please try again and keep me posted.

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AntoniP Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Kardan08,

I wish I could execute those commands, but everytime I try to execute a PPM command in PPM_HOME/bin I get the exception I posted.

Thanks for your time,

Antoni

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Jeison_R_PPM Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi AntoniP,

Does your PPM application recognize the location of your server.conf? Is this a new installation?

It seems like your Server2 is not recognizing the location of the shared server.conf.

Did you performed the next steps when creating the folder for the shared server.conf?

1- Create a shared folder on a file server.
2- Attach the shared folder to each machine that is to host PPM Center.
3- If you plan to host multiple PPM Server clusters (instances) under the same account on a single machine, do the following. Otherwise, proceed to step 4.
a. Using a text editor, create a file named ppm_server_conf.env, and add to it the following text:
export PPM_SERVER_CONF_DIR=//<IP_Address>/<Local_Drive_Letter>$/<Shared_Folder>/
b. Save the ppm_server_conf.env file in the <PPM_Home> directory and close the file.
4- Open the Control Panel and define an environment variable named PPM_SERVER_CONF_DIR for an account that is to run PPM Center nodes on Windows, if on Linux, then create it in the $HOME/.profile file of the account that is to run PPM Center. The value of the environment variable is the location of the shared folder.

Caution:
Make sure that you use Universal Naming Convention (UNC) notation
(//<IP_Address>/<Local_Drive_Letter>$/<Shared_Folder>/ or <File_Server_Name>$/<Shared_Folder>) to specify the location of your shared folder.

Anyway, I'm affraid that more info is needed to check what's happening here, maybe the complete error shown in the cmd can be useful.

Hope this information helps,

Jason

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.