Absent Member.. kev marks Absent Member..
Absent Member..

RM screen - Search Position Availability

I cant get this page to load in multiple instances.

Does anyone know specifically how to get access to this page, I have all access grants and it is still not working.

Is it a parameter?

I cant find any info on it in the documenation.

I assume the page is close in functionality to the "Search Resource Availability" page. Can anyone attach a screen shot of the page or let me know how I can set it up so I can see it.

PPM 9.3

Thanks

Kevin

0 Likes
6 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: RM screen - Search Position Availability

Hello Kevin,

Are you receiveing and error message?  if not, can you turn on the trace tool and see if you receive some information?

Is it just like refreshing the page?

Let me know if you are using the default PPM port.

Please let me know which is you browser version.

it was working before?

Please try the following steps:

1) Stop the server.

2) Delete tmp and work and run kJSPCompiler.sh. Delete the two directories \server<\\tmp and \server\\work (file://tmp%20and%20/server/work)>

Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)

Note: Do not back these directories up as they will be re-created when the PPM instance is started.

3) Go to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/log and re-name the serverLog.txt file. This will allow for a clean log to review.

Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)

4) Restart server

5) Run kRunCacheManager.sh -A (clear all cache).

6) Clear ALL cache and history in Internet Explorer

If you have clustering, please repeat this for the entire nodes.

Attached is an screenshot of the Page.

Best Regards.

Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Carolina, thanks for the reply, we have done those steps and it is still an issue, however I am not sure I was clear on the original post, the page seems to be configured fine.

The error I get when i try to access the page via, Open --> Resource Management --> Analyze Resources --> Search Position Availability shows this message, 

"An Error has Occurred

-You do not have the privilage to take this action, Please consult your PPM Administrator"

Also, this is for the page "Search Position Availability" not "Search Resource Availability", these are different pages, the screen shot you provided was "Search Resource Availability".

Do you have a screen shot for  "Search Position Availability"

thanks

Kevin

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Kevin,

Did you check that the user you log in with has the Access Grant "Run Position Finder"? (In category Resource Mgmt)

This Access Grant was added in some recent version of PPM (9.22 I believe), and it's likely that none of your Security Group has it. The reason is that per HP policy, new features should come up disabled in new PPM minor[-minor] versions.

It's not even in the built-in "All Access Grants" Security Group, so unless someone did add it to at least one of your security groups, it won't help even if you have all the Security Groups.

Note that it's the same situation with the Sys Admin access grant "Server Tools: Execute File Browser". Even though it's a super handy feature of the Admin Console that lets you retrieve logs & config files from a PPM Server from the PPM Web UI, many people don't know about it as it comes disabled by default...

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

The account does have the Access Grant of "Run Position Finder",  thanks for the suggetion. Is it working in your instance. Can you share a screen shot of the page?

Thanks

Kevin 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Kevin,

Good spot indeed. I tried to take a screen shot on my dev env, and... you guessed it,  all I got was an error message: "You don't have the privilege...".

Actually, the menu of the position finder won't even appear unless the user does have the "Run Position Finder" Access Grant.

After a quick check in PPM's belly, turns out that if you want to use the position finder, you have to create a new Server.conf parameter named "ENABLE_POSITION_FINDER" with value "true" (without the quotes).

This parameter is not documented (as far as I know), and for a good reason: the position finder is not an officially supported feature (it was developped for an HP internal project). I understand that giving the Access Grant to your users created some confusion with the new mystery menu item that appeared.

Still, keeping the lack of HP support for that feature in mind, feel free to create the Server.conf parameter and give it a try on your PPM development environment 🙂

Kind Regards,

Etienne.

CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good day Kevin, 

This is the QCCR fot this defect:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L58043

Fix: 

com.kintana.core.server.ENABLE_POSITION_FINDER=true should be added to server.conf.

Hope this helped you.

Best Regards,

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.