Kevin Abram Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Problem Migrating Objects into PPM Environment

Hello,

I am attempting to import a Package of PPM Objects into a PPM Environment. During execution of the package line, the import fails with the following error message:

Unable to connect. Either no server is running, or servers that are running are not accepting connections.

I have verified that the PPM Server is definitely running because I can logon the PPM Environment with no problems. Does anybody know what this means or where to look to find the source of the problem.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Likes
3 Replies
Jason Nichols K Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kevin,

That error message usually means exactly what it says: it can't connect to the PPM instance.  The log of the exection would probably help shed some light on the issue to verify that the correct server/paths are being used.

Jason

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Kevin,

I reviewed some internal information and the customer reported that Since we was running on a virtual server, it was 

configured in some wicked way of different IPs to be working from inside and out of network. The ping on

"ppmapp1" gave not an IP  in return, but some character string,we recommended put the IP address / hostname pair in the Windows hosts file and it works now.

Workbench to run correctly needs to know the IP address of PPM and might not always be complete with the hostname.

Regards.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Kevin Abram Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

All,

Thanks for the suggestions provided to resolve the issue I reported. The problem was due to the fact that I was trying to perform the Import on a Server on which none of the nodes were currently running. After stopping the nodes that were running and starting the nodes on the Server where I needed to Import the Objects, everything worked perfectly.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.