Absent Member.. ScQuinn Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Reading HPROF files

Hello,

I was reading Knowledge Document KM1313078 on how to read HPROF files following an Out of Memory error.

Does anyone know how to configure the Eclipse Memory Analyzer to run on WIndows? I get an error stating that I do not have a JRE installed in the same location as the Memory Analyzer Tool. I have a JRE installed on my computer so am trying to figure out where to install it at.

Also, Does Eclipse need to be installed as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Reading HPROF files

Hi Scott,

You can double-check that you have the JAVA_HOME environment variable defined and pointing to your JRE/JDK root folder (mine is defined as: JAVA_HOME=C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_04 ).

Another option is to pass the path to the VM as a startup parameter, but you need to include the bin subfolder in the path: MemoryAnalyzer.exe -vm <path_to_jdk>\bin

So with my java installation, that would become: MemoryAnalyzer.exe -vm C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_04\bin 

Don't forget to use quotes if you have spaces in your path.

Thanks,

Etienne.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.