Respected Contributor.. eversd1 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Remaining Forecast Cost

In 9.4 I see there is a new field called the "remaining forecast cost" in the financial summary.  I can not find  definition for this field in any of the 9.4 documentation.  What does this field mean; what is the calculation behind it?

thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
Kardan08
New Member.

Re: Remaining Forecast Cost

Hello, I hope you are fine.

The "Calculating Estimated Remaining Effort" is how PPM Center calculates the Estimated Remaining Effort (ERE) of a task. ERE is an estimated value derived from actuals, which means that having actuals is key to reflecting changes in ERE. If there are no actuals, PPM Center resets ERE to zero. If actuals have been logged against a task, the ERE value gets updated whenever the  % Complete field on the Task Details page is modified. This means that ERE is not reset to zero and stays in sync with changes in the % Complete field. If you manually input ERE, % Complete is calculated as Actual Effort / (Actual Effort + ERE) If you manually input % Complete, ERE is calculated as one of the following:
 l ERE = Scheduled Effort (SE) - Actual Effort (AE)
 l ERE = (Last ERE + Last AE) - AE

Please let us know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. eversd1 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Remaining Forecast Cost

thank you but I don't understand how this works with the Remaining Forecast Cost on the Financial Summary.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.