jb
Visitor.

Replace old work plan with actuals with a new one in PPM

Hello,

I need to replace an old work plan with a new one in PPM. I cannot delete the old one due to acutals. How can I replace the work plans without messing up the actuals?

Thanks,

JB

0 Likes
3 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Replace old work plan with actuals with a new one in PPM

Can you try this?

1. Find the tasks that have actuals against them. 

2. Change their Status to 'Complete' 

3. Change the status of the task back to 'Ready'

4. You will get a warning 'Resetting this task will remove all actuals information except actuals that come from Time Management. Are you sure you want to proceed?'

5. Click 'OK'

In my experience i haven't seen any issues with the Actuals as such when i clicked OK, for step 4.

I guess once you have done this, you may be able to delete the work-plan. 

Again, not sure - give it a try and let me know. 

Try this in your non-prod instance first.

Cheers,

Ajay

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
jb
Visitor.

Hello,

I tried changing my status to complete then back to ready. However, my warning says, 'The actuals could not be removed because they have been logged through timesheets.' I did not get the message you received.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi JB,

If time has been logged through timesheets, then it's some possibly billable time that you cannot simply decide to make go away. Time has been logged, so it must appear in your work plan. 

So the preferred option here is to keep the tasks with actuals logged through timesheet, and add the new tasks of your new work plan after or before them. This can be done easily with the Microsoft Project integration.

Thanks,

Etienne.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.