Established Member.. AlekseyG
Established Member..

Request Type Rule with [KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER] as a result

Jump to solution

Hello!

I'm experimenting with [KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER] field update using Request type rules.

The simpliest example is:

Rule event = Apply before save

Result fields = Project manager (REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER;REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER)

Logic (Sql):

select '[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]','[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]' from dual

In other words I'm trying to update it with it's own value (it's not my goal, it's just an example).

So on request save I receive the following error: For input string: "104189; 103739"

Where 104189 and 103739 are user_id's of two project managers set for this project.

When there is the only Project manager - the rule works fine - no errors.

It's seems that there is something wrong with ";" (or "#@#") during the update…

Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason Nichols K Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Request Type Rule with [KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER] as a result

Jump to solution

Try this with your select statement:

select replace('[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]', '; ', '#@#')

, replace('[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]', '; ', '#@#') from dual

The PPM Database is expecting the #@# delimiter but the web page, which is where the data is coming from, delimits the data with a semicolon and a space.  You need to convert it back to the #@# for storage.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Jason Nichols K Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Try this with your select statement:

select replace('[REQ.P.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]', '; ', '#@#')

, replace('[REQ.VP.KNTA_PROJECT_MANAGER]', '; ', '#@#') from dual

The PPM Database is expecting the #@# delimiter but the web page, which is where the data is coming from, delimits the data with a semicolon and a space.  You need to convert it back to the #@# for storage.

0 Likes
Established Member.. AlekseyG
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Jason!

Thanks a lot - it works!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.