Absent Member.. kruegke Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Request Type "On Field Change" Rule Updates Not Saved

Jump to solution

I have a RT with rules to populate some fields "on Field Change".  I make changes to the dependent fields, and can see the correct rule results per those changes.  My problem is that on some of these rule-populated fields, the new values are not saved when I click to save the RT.  They revert back to some old, incorrect value. It appears to be affecting random fields.

Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks for any / all possibilities.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Request Type "On Field Change" Rule Updates Not Saved

Jump to solution

Problem resolved . . .  It turns out by making the rule-populated fields visible only to my assigned Security Group (for testing purposes) resulted in the values not getting saved,  When I removed this field security, everything worked as expected.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member..

Re: Request Type "On Field Change" Rule Updates Not Saved

Jump to solution

Problem resolved . . .  It turns out by making the rule-populated fields visible only to my assigned Security Group (for testing purposes) resulted in the values not getting saved,  When I removed this field security, everything worked as expected.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.