Ensign Ensign
Ensign

ResourcePool resources by Web Service call

Is there any way to get the resources in a Resource Pool by a programmatic way (e.g. Web Service) ?

Even better I would like to have the Resource Pool capacity by a web service call.

Thank you

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @nlyk 

Unfortunately, the web services calls have limited functions, and there is no way to use them to call the Resource Pool Capacity at this moment. 

Please let me know if you have further concerns. 

Bryan TF

0 Likes
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Thank you @trejos 

Is there any other way to get a list of the resources in a Resource Pool? 

Any suggestion is welcome.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There's no official API that i know of, but if you're willing to give in to the dark side of undocumented REST APIs, you can monitor all REST calls made by the web browser when showing the new Team management pages introducing in 9.52, or the team HeatMap introduced in PPM 9.54. They contain all information about team members (which are the same as resource pool members), as well as total/remaining capacity and all allocations in Staffing Profiles. 

Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Thank you for the suggestion. It was enlightening because I didn't know the PPM client is making REST calls. Unfortunately, our version is 9.50, so the exact calls you mentioned are not available. Is there any chance a different option to be available in version 9.50?

Thank you anyway.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Not that I know of. 

For RM we have some REST API related to Staffing Profiles since 9.30, but they don't cover Resource Pools contents. Time to upgrade!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.