Trusted Contributor.. debasish86 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Restrict user in Dashboard to view their own requests

Hello Gurus,

I have a requirements where a user should only sees requests in their dashboard which they are part of.

Now, the user information is stored in the custom Requested By Field and is a multi select field. The request form generates a reference number (alphanumeric) which as per the above scenario, stores multiple user id.

The dashboard currently filters by a the above mentioned reference number based on which, the rest of the values are displayed. 

So the requirement is whenever a user logs in and edit the dashboard, it should show only those reference values which he/she is assigned to.

Please help

Debasish

0 Likes
7 Replies
Super Contributor.. skbd Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Restrict user in Dashboard to view their own requests

If I am not looking at this too simplistically, then perhaps the enclosed document with help.

Have the user in question generate their own private dashboard and populate it with a single portlet as described in the document.

Hope this is helpful

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hello,

Thank you for your response but I need to roll this out as an organization change. Hence, whenever a staff logs in and does edit the dashboard, the filter field should only show those values which he is part of in the custom Requested By field.

Hope that does give some clarity

Regards

Debasish

Super Contributor.. skbd Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

ok - I think I see, so in the event that they try to update their own dashboard, you want to restrict what they can actually put on that dashboard.

If that is correct, then I think you can set access levels when you configure portlet definitions thus restricting certain items to certain individuals or groups.

So in other words, if I am correct, you can assign most or all portlets to an administrative group and then only members of that group can add those portlets to their personal dashboards.

I haven't tried this myself, but there is an Access tab on the Configure Portlet Definitions page for this purpose.

Steve

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Steve,

Let me simplify my requirements a bit more.

We have a custom Requested By field created which has staff names as owner of that particular request. Now the field is a multiselect field which has more that one staff as owner(s).

Staff 1 is onwer of Request 1, Request 2, Request 3, Request 4, Request 5 and Staff 2 is onwer of Request 1, Request 2, Request 7, Request 8

So now, when Staff 1 logs in and does edit the portlet, the ACL for the filter field should show him only his requests (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) with the reference number which is system generated. He should not be seeing 7 and 8.

Hope this should clarify things a bit

Debasish

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

i think on the requestedby field you need to have a search filter that will help your requirement.  

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Hello Ajay

Could you help elaborate a bit on this?

Debasish

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

hi Debasish, 

For every field in PPM you can have a search validation; if you specify a search validation PPM uses that when you are doing advanced searches; if search validation is left blank then PPM uses the actual validation of the field. 

If I understand your requirement, you have a portlet (maybe a request list) that is being filtered on 'Requestedby' field; if you create a search validation, you should be good to go. 

See attached screen capture. 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.