Trusted Contributor.. ScottW1 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

SQL pulling table data into a multiselect field not including unsaved data.

Jump to solution

I have a new rule, pulling user ID data from a table component, into a multiselect field.  The rule, with the SQL listed below works well, but only includes items that were saved previously.  For example, if I add "Jane" to the table field, and click save, she won't be copied to the new field.  If I save a second time, she will be.  I've tried triggering the field on field change and before save.  Obviously the behavior I noted above was with the before save option.

select listagg(t.parameter2, '#@#') within group(order by t.visible_parameter2),
       listagg(t.visible_parameter2, '#@#') within group(order by t.visible_parameter2)
  from KCRT_TABLE_ENTRIES t
 where t.request_id = '[REQ.REQUEST_ID]'

The reason I am using this rule is a need to drive request type security based on the list of users listed in the table list.  Since I can't drive security directly off the table component, I'm trying this as a workaround.

Any suggestions to get this to work?  These requests aren't updated frequently, so the "double save" option won't work.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor..

Re: SQL pulling table data into a multiselect field not including unsaved data.

Jump to solution

I found a separate discussion regarding table tokens and found that I was able to use the table information directly for workflow and request type security.  Including the format below, in case anyone needs it in the future.

[REQD.T.REQUEST_TYPE_FIELD_TOKEN.TC.P.TABLE_VALIDATION_FIELD_TOKEN]

0 Likes
1 Reply
Trusted Contributor..

Re: SQL pulling table data into a multiselect field not including unsaved data.

Jump to solution

I found a separate discussion regarding table tokens and found that I was able to use the table information directly for workflow and request type security.  Including the format below, in case anyone needs it in the future.

[REQD.T.REQUEST_TYPE_FIELD_TOKEN.TC.P.TABLE_VALIDATION_FIELD_TOKEN]

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.