Highlighted
Commander Commander
Commander

SSL Installation for PPM 9.32

Hello,

I got a requirement to install SSL on PPM 9.32 version and was looking for a user friendly document which would help me with the installation. I tried reading through the Administration Guide but the information seems too cluttered.

Would appreciate if anyone could help send me the any hand made document which is easy to refer and be used

I am on PPM 9.32 running on windows server 2012 R2 and currently have IIS configured on my PPM server.

Few queries, my current http port is 8080 and have enabled 443 for IIS to use the domain name for my URL. Now, the admin document says "HTTPS_PORT value must be the HTTP_PORT number plus 363". Does this have to be mandatory or can I just use another port like 8084?

Appreciate your prompt response on this.

Regards

Debasish

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Debasish,

Please ignore the mention that HTTPS_PORT value must be the HTTP_PORT number plus 363, this is not valid anymore and we'll update the documentation accordingly.

HTTPS_PORT is need for SSL Login (if you set ENABLE_SSL_LOGIN=true in server.conf). 

If HTTPS is provided by IIS (or by the load balancer), no need to set HTTPS_PORT. However, you need to change BASE_URL to correct https URL.

Highlighted
Commander Commander
Commander

Hello Etienne,

Thank You for your response. Seems simple now and from what I can understand, most of the configuration is mostly from IIS side.

Debasish

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.