Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Scheduled Excel Report Notification - URL Resolve in 404 Not Found Error

Hi Everyone,

Our customer has scheduled an excel custom report that sends out email notification to the users to enable the users to download the excel report.

When the link "View Report" is clicked an error message in the browser display: 404 Not Found. The "View Report Log" works fine:

Email Notification.png

Error message:

Error Message.png

I can confirm the resource is in the security group that has access to the report.

The Report is on the server:

Report stored on Server.png

Searching in PPM for the report also work and downloads the report:

View Report.png

Is there anything else I need to check why the url will not download the report?

Regards,

Alfred

Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Alfred,

As far as I recall, there may be a bug that will prevent you to download XLSX files from reports if you access PPM through a direct link without being authenticated. It will only work to download HTML reports/logs. 

You should still be able to download the reports by searching for the report and then click to download it from the report search results screen. 

You'll want to open an official support ticket to get that addressed.

Thanks,

Etienne.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Thanks Etienne,

We will log support case

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.