Absent Member.. PPM_dynamic_use Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Services in the project mgmt

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am very new to the project mgmt. I need to understand what services do when we add a service name to the task in the work plan.

If we select Email for one task and network for another then what does it actually mean?

Secondly, where exactly is the validation for this field "Service"?

Thanks..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Services in the project mgmt

Jump to solution

Hi PPM_dynamic_use,

- HP Project and Portfolio Management Center Service Portfolio Management is a new functionality introduced in PPM Center version 9.10. It is designed to add value to your organization. If your organization has adopted the ITIL definitions of services and service lifecycle, you may use this feature to track, categorize, and analyze business services and labor cost related IT project initiatives and requests. This offers possibility and flexibility to your organization in governing and maximizing your investments in business services and managing them for value.

About the value in this field it like categorization of work

i.e. Selecting email should mean that that task is related to providing email service to someone or whatever the customer's context is.

-  Validation for "Service" field  you can see it by go to the Workbench and jump to the request header type like screenshot i attached for you.

- Also, i attached  HP Project Management Configuration Guide for you, please take a look on page 41.

Hope this helps.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi PPM_dynamic_use,

- HP Project and Portfolio Management Center Service Portfolio Management is a new functionality introduced in PPM Center version 9.10. It is designed to add value to your organization. If your organization has adopted the ITIL definitions of services and service lifecycle, you may use this feature to track, categorize, and analyze business services and labor cost related IT project initiatives and requests. This offers possibility and flexibility to your organization in governing and maximizing your investments in business services and managing them for value.

About the value in this field it like categorization of work

i.e. Selecting email should mean that that task is related to providing email service to someone or whatever the customer's context is.

-  Validation for "Service" field  you can see it by go to the Workbench and jump to the request header type like screenshot i attached for you.

- Also, i attached  HP Project Management Configuration Guide for you, please take a look on page 41.

Hope this helps.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. PPM_dynamic_use Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thank yu. It clears my doubt..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.