cat_gon Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Slowness issue with Webservices in 9.41, anyone else?

Hi All,

We have a utility that is calling webservices closeTimeSheet, updateFinancialSummary and createFinancialSummarySnapshot.

In September, we upgraded from 9.22 to 9.41 and we did not notice any slowness issue right after. However, in the beginning of January 2018 we started to notice an extremely slow performance on the Webservices.

The closeTimesheet which use to run for 6 hours has now increased to 48 hours while the updateFinancialSummary will have a Read time-out issue for random projects. For this issue, there will be a case that the actuals wil be updated successfully for a specific cost line while the other line will fail for the same project.

Could it be due to some Microsoft patch that is not compatible to the webservice? Or could it be 9.41- specific?

Your input is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Cath

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Slowness issue with Webservices in 9.41, anyone else?

Hello Cath,

You can check the attached guide about the Sizing recommendations, please check if your server fill the required specificifications.

If you are sure that the server is right, I strongly recommend you to open a ticket in order to investigate about this issue further.

Thanks,
Bryan.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Slowness issue with Webservices in 9.41, anyone else?

Hello Cath,

Hope your business running great!

Kindly let me know your thoughts regarding this thread.

I will be waiting for your warm reply.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Bryan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.