Absent Member.. Andrea Loi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Switching from Stand-Alone to a Server Cluster Configuration

Hi all,

I would like to switch a Stand-alone PPM environment to a Server Cluster Configuration, in order to isolate PPM services from users requests.
But I have some doubts:

1. Is it possible?
Or should I install PPM from scratch and reconciliate the DB?
I saw the manual (PPM 9.30 - Installation and Administration Guide - Document Release Date: November 2014).
At Page 203 I find a chapter called "Switching from Stand-Alone to a Server Cluster Configuration" and I understand that it's possible.
But at page 31 I read "You can configure a server cluster that has just one node. The difference is that you can add nodes to the "server cluster" while you cannot add nodes to a stand-alone instance."

2. Do I need an external Web Server?
Or is it not necessary as I don't need load balancing (one cluster for PPM services one for users requests)?

3. Do I need more RAM?
How much?

Thanks in advance and best regards
      Andrea

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.