Established Member.. Nilay___
Established Member..

TLS - SSL Problem

hello,

we have been using SSL for 3 years, now because of some ssl V3 security weakness we decided to continue with tls instead of ssl.

I want to make sure about the steps i'm gonna follow to cancell ssl and configure ssl settings. Could you warn me about the missing or extra steps?

1-) server conf parameters like following:

com.kintana.core.server.BASE_URL=http://tys.....
com.kintana.core.server.HTTP_PORT=80
com.kintana.core.server.ENABLE_SSL_LOGIN=true
com.kintana.core.server.HTTPS_PORT=443
com.kintana.core.server.HTTPS_WEB_THREAD_MIN=5
com.kintana.core.server.HTTPS_WEB_THREAD_MAX=75
com.kintana.core.server.HTTPS_PROTOCOL=TLS

and following parameters are the same like they used to be while we were using ssl

com.kintana.core.server.HTTPS_KEYSTORE_LOCATION
com.kintana.core.server.HTTPS_KEYPASSWORD

2-) for ie disable ssl and enable tls from tools-->internet options

3-) for mozilla from about:config set tls max and min parameters as 3 when i set parameters like above i can enable TLS

login, the problem is through this parameter settings i would only login by TLS not SSL but i when i test if i can login only

with SSL, i could successfuly login with SSL. So i could successfuly login both TLS and SSL, i need to disable SSL now.I can

control it through unchencking TLS V1,TLS V2 and TLS V3 and check SSL V2 and SSL V3  from internet options internet

options-->advanced-->security settings. I assueme by this setting i could only login ssl.is there any missing or wrong

configuration in my steps, what do i need to do disable SSL and login only with TLS?

thanks,
have a nice day.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.