Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Time Mgmt queries

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am new to Time Mgmt. Could you please help me with below queries.

1) How can I configure to not allow resources to put negtiave entries in the time sheet. I am unable to find any option in the Time Sheet policy tab.

2) In the tm_time_sheets table,

Can we update status_code = 5 (Cancelled) for a particular time sheet ID so that it does not appear in the delinquent report? Any impact or anythign?

Thanks

Mohit

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Mgmt queries

Jump to solution

Hello Mohit, 

I found some interesting infor for this thread. 

The client wants to delete hours from a certain task in the timesheet but a warning message appeared (Negative Effort: Total actual effort for task work item can not be negative). What is the reason for this error?

Solution

The general rule should be that the total time logged by a resource on a work item (task, request, project) cannot be negative. But the resource can log negative time on a specific time sheet as long as his total time (across all time sheets) is positive. 

Hope this helps!
Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
4 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Mohit, 

I would like to let you know you cannot prohibit the negative values in timesheet. Users are allowed to enter negative time as effort and statuses codes can not be changed by customers.

Also, I am attaching here the HP PPM 9.20, Time Management User guide for more information. 

Please let me know if you need something else. It is a pleasure helping you.

Best Regards,

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Carolina,

If negative timesheet entries are allowed then why do we receive the attached error message?

And can we (as an admin) not update the status code = 5 in the table TM_TIME_SHEETS table. We have a situation wheer resource is disabled in the system but he appears in the delinquent timesheet report because he creatd a future timesheet without logging any efforts in it.

I was thinkgin to update that entry to CANCELLED so that it no longer appears in the report. If we cannot update it then how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Mohit

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Mohit, 

I found some interesting infor for this thread. 

The client wants to delete hours from a certain task in the timesheet but a warning message appeared (Negative Effort: Total actual effort for task work item can not be negative). What is the reason for this error?

Solution

The general rule should be that the total time logged by a resource on a work item (task, request, project) cannot be negative. But the resource can log negative time on a specific time sheet as long as his total time (across all time sheets) is positive. 

Hope this helps!
Carolina. 

“HP Support
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Perfect. Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.