Absent Member.. Scorpex Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Time Sheet Notifications not being setn

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

after we succesfully upgraded to 9.31 we noticed that our time sheet notification reminders were being generated by the server but were not being sent, I have stopped restarted the services, created new time sheet policies with new notifications, added additional notifications to the existing policies, restarted the servers but nothing seems to let them go through.

Please note this is only affecting the time sheet notifications all other notifications are going out as intended, also this is affecting 3 different instances of PPM (PROD, DEV, Sandbox)

Has anyone had any issues with this?

Thanks!

Mig

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Time Sheet Notifications not being setn

Jump to solution

Hello Carolina,

thank you for the response, I actually got pointed to the known problem by Customer Support and since the notifications do go as BCC what I ended up doing as a quick fix (Until 9.32 comes out in September) was I created a trigger for KNTA_NOTIF_TXN_RECIPIENTS that updates the distribution_type_code before insert to 'TO' instead of 'BCC' that way the notifications will still go out.

Thanks!

Mig

0 Likes
2 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Mig,

1. Please check if this service is Enabled and running: Time Sheet Notification Service

2. Perform the following steps:
a- Stop PPM server.
b- Delete work & tmp folders from PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME (repeat for all nodes)
c- From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run: sh kJSPCompiler.sh
d- Re-start PPM server
e- From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run: sh kRunCacheManager.sh A
f- Clean browser and java cache.

4: There is a known problem in PPM 9.30 that the Recipients in the BCC field cannot receive notification emails

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L57844

Let me know if this helped you.

Best Regards.

Carolina.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Carolina,

thank you for the response, I actually got pointed to the known problem by Customer Support and since the notifications do go as BCC what I ended up doing as a quick fix (Until 9.32 comes out in September) was I created a trigger for KNTA_NOTIF_TXN_RECIPIENTS that updates the distribution_type_code before insert to 'TO' instead of 'BCC' that way the notifications will still go out.

Thanks!

Mig

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.