Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Timesheet for disabled users

Hi All,

If I disable a user in PPM then I am no longer allowed to search his timesheets using Search -> Timesheet as the resource does not appear in the list anymore.

By logic the system should allow that as I might be intersted to see my former resource's timesheets.

Can we do that anyhow?

0 Likes
6 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Timesheet for disabled users

Hello Mohit, 

This is by design. If the user is desable you should not see the timesheets. Please find in the following link the Enhancement Request

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L55365

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

But why cann;t we seee disababled users timesheet. If the resource does not appear in the "Create TIme sheet" list then it is understood but cannot sort out the reason for not listing when searching the old time sheets.

The system allows disabled users to select in the "Created By' list then why not for Search time sheet?

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mohit, 

Seems this is by design. Unfortunately the Enhancement request is closed. 

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Scorpex Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Mohit,

I know this is probably not what you are looking for but if you go ahead and enable the user you can then search for the time sheets, I had a case like this about a week ago and I had to increase the previous periods to show in order to find the time sheet that I was looking for (4 yrs old)

Once I found the time sheet and did what I needed I just disabled the user again.

Thanks!

Mig

0 Likes
Rich Y_1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Mohit,

We had the same issue a few months back.  At 1st I enabled the users and then came up with a better idea.  I created a Portlet that would allow to search on time sheets for any users enabled/diabled.  The Portlet displays all the time sheets for a user based on the filters choosen and allows some one to open the time sheet right from the Portlet.

0 Likes
Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

PPM Center is inconsistent in that most of the time it does it right, but there are still several places where it uses an "enabled" user validation for searches where it should be using an "all" validation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.