MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Transition Between Two Different Workflows

Jump to solution
What is the correct way to implement a Jump or Move step that can transition between two different workflows? SCENARIO Our Customer has a request called Action Item. This request can either move through their internal process or can invoke the creation of a request type (Step 1) called PMO Action Item. want to be able to have the Action Item workflow do the auto create of the PMO Action Item and at the same time send a notification to the appropriate Security Group. Then, during the PMO Action Item workflow, I need to have the PMO Action Item (Step 6) return to the Action Item workflow, give the Customer a button to close their request and send a notification back to us to close our request. I have all the steps configured for each workflow, but cannot figure out how to get the "jump" or "move" step to transition back and forth. I have tried several different ways to implement, but keep coming up empty. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks. Max
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Transition Between Two Different Workflows

Jump to solution
You can try it, if you have an issue, we can open you a case in order to give you more support assistance.

Kind Regards,
Carolina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
5 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Max, 

Hope you are having a nice week.

It is called "jump step". Please see the attached Demand Management Configuration Guide on Page 113 "Integrating Request and Package Workflows". It could be useful for you.

Thanks & Best Regards, 

Carolina Gutierrez

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
I am not altogether certain a jump step will work and therein lies the issue. I have tried to put a jump step into the workflow, only to have it fail multiple times. Unfortunately, for some reason the forum will not let me upload the workflows so that I can get other opinions on this issue. Thanks for the response, I will keep searching for a resolution.
0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You can try it, if you have an issue, we can open you a case in order to give you more support assistance.

Kind Regards,
Carolina

“HP Support
0 Likes
Jason Nichols K Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
For the Jump steps to work, you do need a Receive step. I've done lots of implementations using them, but usually between a request and a package. I suppose, in theory, it could work between requests, but I haven't tried it myself. The issue would be whether or not your "parent" request will be waiting on the "child" request to send that trigger back or if you would continue processing the parent request. If the parent request is waiting for the child, you should be able to put the Receive step in right after the create request step and be good to go. Configuring J/R steps does take some planning. If you haven't already, I would recommend a thorough reading of the section on Jump/Receive steps in the manual posted above.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks Jason. I'll give that a try. My problem is exactly what you deciphered as the issue. Whether or not the Jump/Receive steps can occur between two REQUESTS and whether the parent request is at the correct step "waiting" for a response. I will continue to test and see if I can get it to work correctly.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.