pepdwill Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Trigger ORA error on request update

We are currently receiving an Oracle trigger error when an update is made to a specific field on a request type that was recently modified.  The trigger failing is what initiates the Notes/Transaction table to get written to. 

On closer inspection looking at the trigger, it seems to be not current, and is referencing field names that were changed months ago.

Shouldn't PPM automatically recompile these triggers when the request types get modified in workbench?  Is there some other issue in our environment?

Thanks!

Danny

0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Trigger ORA error on request update

Hi Pepdwill,

First, could you let me know your PPM version ?

Have you apply any change?

When did the problem start?

Could you enable the debug, reproduce the issue and provide me with the latest server log?

1. Enable services logging. In PPM_HOME/conf/logging.conf, set:
com.kintana.core.logging.PRODUCT_FUNCTION_LOGGING_LEVEL = com.kintana.crt.request, DEBUG com.kintana.core.logging.SYSTEM_THRESHOLD = DEBUG

Your DB is an fresh DB or clone DB ?

Hope this helps,

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
pepdwill Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Trigger ORA error on request update

The problem started two weeks ago after a Prod migration, which included some request type changes such as a field rename, and also changing the setting on the 'enable Notes History' parameter.  This is happening in our live Production environment.

We are on 9.22 Service Pack 1.

When I look at the underlying Oracle trigger that associated with the Request Type and compare it between our environments, it looks correct in our Dev/Test instances, but in Prod the trigger still references the old field name and properties - which would seem to be the source of the error to me.

It will take time to enable the debugging and logging as you requested since this is our Prod instance.

Currently the field is unusable and generates the error every time.  Changing the Notes History settings for the request type in Workbench even does not fix the issue... the trigger is not getting recompiled correctly. 

Is there a short-term fix for this?  My thought is that overlaying the Oracle trigger with the code that exists in our Dev or Test environment should resolve it... but would like to understand what is going wrong.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.