SandraL Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Trouble displaying long Task Descriptions

In a Project Work Plan, when I open up a Task's Details (for example, by double clicking on a work plan Task), under the task Name, there is a "Description" field.  

We would like to use this field to provide a more detailed description of what the task is.   The field seems to support enough characters to allow us to enter the necessary information (i.e., over 200 characters).

However, I see no way to display my full text once I enter it.  The text is long, and scrolling a few words at a time is not sufficient.   I was not able to find a way to do the following:

1) Increase the layout size of the field displayed on the Task Details screen to display multiple lines.  

2) Add the column to my work plan (thinking I could hover over the text to display the full text), but the column was not available for adding.

Has anyone found a reasonable way of using the Description for longer text that I missed?

Thanks.

We are using 9.14.002, but are working on upgrading to 9.31.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.