Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..
1577 views

Unable to copy request using ksc_copy_request

Jump to solution

I must be doing something wrong, but I dont have the faintest idea what.

I am trying to create child requests from within another CR using the ksc_copy_request special command.

Here is my command:

 

ksc_copy_request COPY_FIELDS="Y" COPY_NOTES="N" CREATE_REFERENCE="Y" REF_RELATIONSHIP_ID="15" SUBMIT="Y"

 

Here is the resulting output in the system log when this gets executed:

 

ERROR :com.kintana.crt.server.CRTExecutionManager Batch ID: 179016:com.kintana.services.executions:2014/11/10-10:06:11.678 CST: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20000: Request(45774) import failed with ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement {KCRT_RUN_INT-2270}
ORA-06512: at "CLM.KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL", line 2342
ORA-06512: at line 1

 

That line 2342 is part of the default coding within KCRT_REQUEST_UTIL and I have done nothing to modify it.

 

Any thoughts?

 

Steve

Tags (1)
13 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

OKay, I find that this is a listed issue with no resolution in sight.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00356696

 

Bottom line are these conditions:

 

Issue with special command ksc_copy_request, used together with a request with Project Reference field group.

Solution is to Populate the Project Reference field. Issue occurs only when that field is empty.

 

Problem, I do not have a 'Project Reference Field group' and I cannot find a Project Reference field to populate to resolve the issue...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

OK, I have the solution that Support was able to get for me.

In my Request Summary (Header), I had co-opted one of the default system fields (Application Code) and replaced its validation to fit my needs.  This resulted in corrupting the copy process.

To fix it, I created a new specific Header, made that default Application field non-display (but left it there otherwise), Created a new field called 'Modified Application' using my validation.

I then set up a rule to update the old Application field any time my new field was altered so as to keep the two in sync.

 

This resolved the issue completely for me.

 

My thanks to HP Support on this one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.