Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Unable to create rule on new project request type

Jump to solution

We have created a new Project Request Type called "Roadmap".  I copied the current Project Request Type we are using because I wanted to pare this one down considerably and did so without issue.  I went to the Rules tab to edit and/or remove the existing rules that were there and found that I was unable to do edit any of them.  When I highlighted the rule and clicked the Edit button, nothing happened.  I thought maybe because I had copied the original request type, that I might now be able to edit the existing rules, so I deleted them.  I then clicked the New button to create a new rule and found that it will not work either.  Anyone else seen this issue?  Thanks.

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Good thought.  I had created a new header, but it is conceivable that the header is corrupt.  I will double check that and see.  Thanks.

Max

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Max,

I've seen this issue before, and it's usually resolved by closing Workbench, flushing the java cache, and trying again. I've seen this with more than just Rules, too. The Tokens button has quit responding, editing package lines, etc. I blame Java, but you should be able to edit the copy of Project request type.

Jason
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Max,

Please try these steps in order to flush the cache,

- Stop PPM server.
- Delete work & tmp folders from PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME (repeat for all nodes)

- From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run:
        sh kJSPCompiler.sh
- Re-start PPM server
- From the command prompt under PPM_HOME/bin run:
        sh kRunCacheManager.sh A

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Jason.  I tried that (actually twice) and it did not help.  I still can click the New button and it "depresses", but still does nothing.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for the suggestion Randall.  I tried this as well and still have exactly the same issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Are you launching WB from desktop or web interface? The java executable that runs them is actually different between the two. Also, what version of Java are you running?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I am launching from the web app.  Using JAVA version 7 update 45

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Have you tried launching the desktop version? Which version of PPM is it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I did actually try launching from the web app and the desktop.  Both resulted in the same issue.  I am currently shutting down again and trying another re-compile just in case something went awry during the last re-compile.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Max,

Have you tried to copy another request type and edit the rules? If so what happen?

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Yes, I had actually copied another request type that had the rules I wanted.  When I found that I coudn't edit them, I deleted all of the rules thinking that I could create a new set of rules, but then determined I couldn't do that either.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Max,

Could you please check if you are using the same Request Header Type? We had an issue that one RHT was corrupted and was the one avoiding create or edit rules.

Also, check if there is any error shown on the java consule when you are replicating the issue.

Thanks,
Randall

Best regards,
Randall

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.