Super Contributor.. skbd Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Unable to open the workbench in Chrome

I am trying to get PPM to run in Chrome as our company is making that their default browser.

I am running into an issue in that the workbench will not open.

Every time I attempt to open it I get the same message:

I download the Java (even though it is waaaaaay out of date with everything else in the world) and install it with no apparent issues.  But when I try to open the workbench again.... I get the exact same response.

I am running PPM 9.14 and currently have, in addition to this 1.6.0_7 installed, also have 1.7.0_21.

Can I somehow point the PPM App to the 1.6.0 install?

Thanks for the help!

Steve

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Established Member.. Utkarsh_Mishra
Established Member..

Re: Unable to open the workbench in Chrome

Search for Java Plug-in extension for chorme. IE automatically adds it when you open workbench for first time.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. skbd Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Unable to open the workbench in Chrome

Thanks Utkarsh, but I have ensured that Chrome has the plug-in installed.

This seems to be a much bigger issue that just with PPM as there are many forums throughout the web related to Chrome not sensing the Java installation.

I was hoping somebody else had already run into this and discovered a solution.

Is there anyone else out there running PPM from Chrome?

Here is what i have on my chrome://plugins page:

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.