Established Member.. AlekseyG
Established Member..

Unique organization unit names.

Jump to solution

Hello everybody!

In my organization model I have several departments containing units named "IT Analysis Unit". But HP PPMC requires OU name to be unique even if it's placed in separate branch of the org.structure hierarchy (I wonder why??).

Is there a workaround without adding prefixes or endings to the name and having the org.unit names in HP PPMC as they really are?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unique organization unit names.

Jump to solution
I tried on 9.14, and I also can't create two org units with the same name.

So upgrade, and your problem will be solved 🙂
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi Aleksey,

What PPM version are you on?

I just tried on PPM 9.22 to create two org units with the same name but with different parent org units, and I had no problem doing so (with both primary org units & matrix org units).

Thanks,
Etienne.
0 Likes
Established Member.. AlekseyG
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi!

I'm on 9.14...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
I tried on 9.14, and I also can't create two org units with the same name.

So upgrade, and your problem will be solved 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.