Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Updating table component on DB level

Jump to solution

Hi guys, 

Hope someone can give me a tip on the following issue:

We update rows in a table component on a request form using PL/SQL procedure. The updates go ok, we set last_update_date, last_updated_by and entity_last_update_date in kcrt_requests and knta_parameter_set_context table. We also set last_updated_by and last_update_date in kcrt_request_details and kcrt_table_entries to make the changes to show in UI.

But the changes do not show up in UI unless we run a cache manager to clear cache 8.

Please share ideas/tips.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Share Knowledge
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

See:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1403926

"Table Component Updates via PL/SQL are not reflected unless you clean the application cache?"

The OPTION #4 looks like the one most related to the desired functionality, which is basically to disable the Table Component caching.

Share Knowledge

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ensign
Ensign
Hi Dimitry,
Do you have clustered instance? Please advice.

Regards,
Mahendran M
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Our PROD is clustered, but I try to make it work in our DEV environment which is not clustered.
Share Knowledge
0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Hi Dimitry,

You can clear the Cache automatically with the help of workflow execution step.(I had answered that question in the same forum couple of years ago.. I have to did its url) My question is Are you invoking the TC Update from workflow with help of a oracle function? Or directly updating the DB...

Please advice the scenario which will make the understanding better.

Regards,
Mahendran M
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Mahen, we update DB using a JavaScript extension on a Request Type rule. But regardless of the way we use it without cache clean up the table component update will not show up in UI. I know we can clear the cache using workflow execution step, or even another JavaScript extension in a request rule, but that is not a preferable solution to us (too complex for a simple task). We simply try to find a better way to do it (we do not believe such a simple update should require a cache clean-up). At this point we believe this is PPM limitation or a bug and will be submitting a case to HP.
Share Knowledge
0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign
I don't think it is a defect or a limitation... Caching feature enables you to access PPM faster.... Instead of fetching all the data from DB it loads from cache... If you don't have caching then PPM will become very slow.

Regards,
Mahendran M
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

See:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1403926

"Table Component Updates via PL/SQL are not reflected unless you clean the application cache?"

The OPTION #4 looks like the one most related to the desired functionality, which is basically to disable the Table Component caching.

Share Knowledge

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign
Good Info.

Regards,
Mahendran M
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.