Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore
269 views

Upgrade to 9.40 problems

I wondered if anyone else was having (or did have) difficulties in their upgrade to 9.40?

I have been trying for several days now to get the upgrade from 9.32 to 9.40 completed so I can then move on to 9.50, but I am running into an error before the upgrade script even gets going:

Your <i>server.conf</i> file contains invalid information.

 

The upgrade could not verify the RML schema configuration parameters. Please

check the values assigned to the JDBC_URL, RML_USERNAME, and RML_PASSWORD

parameters. After you correct these, you can restart the upgrade.

 

I have fully verified all the data in those fields, I have run dos2unix against server.conf and other files, I have verified the location of the upgrade script - all of these per direction from MicroFocus, but so far no dice.

Is this error familiar to anyone else?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Hello,

Did you check if rml username and password are correct by connecting via Oracle SQL Developer or SQLPlus etc? You may double check password by encrypting again.

I am doing Windows - Unix file conversion by using Notepad++. Are you sure if dos2unix working as expected?

--Remember to give Kudos if you like the solution.

Murat Akbar
MIF Software & Consultancy - Istanbul
http://www.mif.com.tr
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Well, I have gotten past the initial issue as defined previously - this was due to our database having a firewall on it preventing access from the console server.

Now we have gotten through most of the upgrade when the process gets to the point of 'recompiling invalid database objects' and it just sits there  - no errors showing onscreen - just sits until I finally cancel the process.

Any thoughts on this?

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Thank you for the response Murat.  As I noted in my other posting, we discovered the issue to be with a firewall attached to the database.  All access to the database had to pass a whitelisting of the calling server.

Now, I just need to figure out why it is stopping at what I am guessing is about 90% through the overall upgrade while trying to 'recompile invalid database objects'.

Steve

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.