ShaunYap Absent Member.
Absent Member.

User Guide on PPM Web Services

Hi All,

Good Day.

I am trying to use PPM Web Services to create/update requests in PPM 9.10.

I have downloaded the Web_Services Programmers Guide, Webservice_toolkit and eclipse, etc.

Is there any documentation that I can go throught to understand this? I have written a Webservice client to create a request but all I am getting is errors.

I am lost at this stage. Can I get help to the right direction?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Shaun Yap

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. AlfredoMonasi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: User Guide on PPM Web Services

Hi ShaunYap,

There is a PPM Web Services Toolkt with examples on Java and .NET to start.  It´s a good point to start, give it a try.

Alfredo

0 Likes
ShaunYap Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Good Day.

I am currently using the webservices toolkit. I have created a sample createRequest functionality to invoke the web services @ http://ppmdemo:8082/itg/ppmservices/DemandService. It also compiles fine in Eclipse.

But upon using the run_client.bat file to call the class, I get the following error below. Am I missing out on some package that I am supposed to import?

E:\webservice_toolkit\java\bin>run_client.bat test.ppm.webservices.TestPPMWebSer
vice http://localhost:8082/itg/ppmservices/DemandService UpdateRequestInterface
123123 123123123 admin
running ...
http://localhost:8082/itg/ppmservices/DemandService UpdateRequestInterface
Starting Demand Service tests...
Jan 26, 2015 2:53:02 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine prepareRepo
sitory
INFO: no services directory found under E:\webservice_toolkit\java
Jan 26, 2015 2:53:02 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying module : addressing-1.1
Jan 26, 2015 2:53:03 AM org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine doDeploy
INFO: Deploying module : rampart-1.1
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSHandler: cannot load pa
ssword callback class: examples.security.PasswordCallbackHandler; nested excepti
on is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: examples.security.PasswordCallbackHand
ler; nested exception is:
        org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: cannot load passw
ord callback class: examples.security.PasswordCallbackHandler; nested exception
is:
ler
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllSender.processMessage(WSDoAllSender
.java:92)
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllHandler.invoke(WSDoAllHandler.java:
74)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:382)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:522)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:655)
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisO
peration.java:237)
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAx
isOperation.java:202)
        at com.mercury.itg.ws.dm.client.DemandServiceStub.createRequest(DemandSe
rviceStub.java:1086)
        at test.ppm.webservices.TestPPMWebService.createRequest(TestPPMWebServic
e.java:187)
        at test.ppm.webservices.TestPPMWebService.main(TestPPMWebService.java:89
)
Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: cannot load pa
ssword callback class: examples.security.PasswordCallbackHandler; nested excepti
on is:
ler
        at org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.readPwViaCallbackClass(WSHan
dler.java:659)
        at org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.getPassword(WSHandler.java:6
25)
        at org.apache.ws.security.action.UsernameTokenAction.execute(UsernameTok
enAction.java:31)
        at org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.doSenderAction(WSHandler.jav
a:192)
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllSender.processBasic(WSDoAllSender.j
ava:254)
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllSender.processMessage(WSDoAllSender
.java:86)
        ... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: examples.security.PasswordCallbackH
andler
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.ws.security.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:162)
        at org.apache.ws.security.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:135)
        at org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.readPwViaCallbackClass(WSHan
dler.java:656)
        ... 14 more

0 Likes
Absent Member.. AlfredoMonasi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sorry my WS are on C#, but I strongly recommend you to upload your code along with the error, to see if anyone can give you a hand.

Regards,

Alfredo

0 Likes
Absent Member.. GordonKwan Absent Member..
Absent Member..

hi Shaun,

I also have this error. have u solved it? if yes, how? thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.