Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Respected Contributor.. M_A_A Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

User Open Interface - Some Fields Not Posting from KNTA_USERS_INT

I have just started experimenting with the User Open Interface process in PPM.  I want to be able to add a user with all their security groups, resource, and organization unit information, remotely from a new custom application.

All new users are added from our LDAP server, which contains limited information.

Here is the process I tried so far:

1.  I fill the tables and run the reports manually.

2. I Add data to KNTA_USERS_INT table, KNTA_USER_SECURITY_INT table (one row for each security group to add to the user), KRSC_ORG_UNIT_MEMBERS_INT table, and RSC_RESOURCES_INT table for a single new user.

2. I run Import Users report, then I run Run PPM Organization Unit Interface report, using Group ID to tie all the table entries together.

Almost everything works as expected, but there are 2 problems that I have doing this:

Problem #1 - in the KNTA_USERS_INT table the Start_Date, Department, Manager, and Category fields do not seem to be propagating into the PPM System.  I cannot see why it is not loading these when everything else is loading so well.

Problem #2 - I want to run the user additions, one user at a time whenever we need to add a new hire, remotely from the PPM System, using a new Add PPM User custom program.  I am not sure how to problematically invoke the the  Import Users report and Run PPM Organization Unit Interface reports remotely.  Can someone provide real-world examples of how you execute reports and verify results outside of PPM?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: User Open Interface - Some Fields Not Posting from KNTA_USERS_INT

Hi there, 

Per experience and R&D team recommendation, we never suggest performing changes directly in the database tables of PPM, this can cause many issues and unfortunately, this is out of our scope. Every time that you need to insert information to PPM, need to be done from the PPM UI. 

Could you please explain what you mean with: I want to run the user additions, one user at a time whenever we need to add a new hire, remotely from the PPM System, using a new Add PPM User custom program.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Priscillajch,

Please refer to -

Project and Portfolio Management Center

Software Version: 9.40 (any version is fine)

Open Interface Guide and Reference Document

Release Date: September 2016

Software Release Date: September 2016

Also,  if you search the PPM Forums for User Open Interface you will understand my question better, as other PPM users have been using the User Open Inteface, successfully, for a while now using this PPM provided freature.

Thank you, and thank you for your interest in my post,

MAA

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi there, 

Thank you for the clarification. After read carefully the guide mentioned, I'll recommend contacting PSO(software professional service) team, due unfortunately I cannot offer you real examples of how this works(we are Breake&Fix support) or how to install, but PSO can help you and they can instruct you to understand better this and help you to configure it. 

Kindly let me know if you have any other concern, 

Thank you & Regards. 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Did I get this post on the wrong forum?  I thought I had posted this on the PPM Open User Forum?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.