Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. Raka_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Values of 1 field become validation list of another field

Hi,

There are 2 fields, field 1 is a multi select field and has value A; B; C now how can make this as the validation list of another field I mean in field 2 be a drop down or autocomplete Sql validation and shows validation value as
A
B
C
0 Likes
2 Replies
Jason Nichols K Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Values of 1 field become validation list of another field

Raka,

I'm going to assume that you have a Validation already created for the first field. For the sake of getting you an answer, I'm going to use a validation named 'JN Values (all)'. Let's also assume the Tokens for the two fields are P_FIELD_ONE and P_FIELD_TWO. For the second field, you will need to create a new validation with the following SQL:

SELECT LOOKUP_CODE, MEANING from KNTA_LOOKUPS_NLS
WHERE LOOKUP_TYPE = 'JN Values (all)'
AND INSTR('#@#' || '[REQD.P.P_FIELD_ONE]' || '#@#', '#@#' || LOOKUP_CODE || '#@#') > 0

This code will allow for the first field to have 1 or more values in it. Hope this helps.

Jason
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Raka_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Values of 1 field become validation list of another field

Jason Thanks for the Response. This certainly helps me to move in the right direction. I was able to satisfy this requirement by writing a function. But this approach is what I was looking earlier and going to implement this one only.

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.