MaxH Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Work Plan Template "Actions" and "Edit" Drop Downs Un-useable

Jump to solution

I am trying to add/delete columns in the Work Plan template(s).  I have Administrator access and that is the user who is the Template Owner.  When I open the template, the  "Actions" and "Edit" drop downs are greyed out and un-useable.  This occurs in v9.22.  Screenshot is attached.  Can anyone tell me how to make the buttons work again?  Thanks.

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Work Plan Template "Actions" and "Edit" Drop Downs Un-useable

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

I was wrong, reviewing some documentation I found that you can add new tasks using the "+" icon on the work plan template menu. On 9.2 it seems to be greyed out but it is not.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

I replicated the scenario on 9.22 and 9.14, and I was able to get the same behaviour as you did. What makes me think that this is by design.

I noticed that you can change only the task details or import another workplan template.

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

So, if I have created User Data fields for the Work Plan template, I'd have to try to figure out where to put them into Microsoft Project and then import it back again?  That, doesn't seem right, nor very efficient way to work.  Please tell me there is another answer....

Max 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

I was wrong, reviewing some documentation I found that you can add new tasks using the "+" icon on the work plan template menu. On 9.2 it seems to be greyed out but it is not.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Randall,

It is not the tasks themselves I am trying to add, but rather the columns.  I created User defined columns and cannot add them into the templates because the "Actions" pulldown values are greyed out.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

Unfortunately, this is not possible. You just can add task and modify its task details or export to excel and pdf.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Okay, thanks Randall.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Max,

No problem. I am glad to help.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.