- Open Workbench
- Select the Worflow
- Open the worflow
Select the step or steps of the workflow
- Event: All
- Interval: Immediate
- Recipient Type: New
- To: Enter username or Enter an Email Address
Troubleshooting tips if you do not receive any notification please perform the following:
1. Stop the PPM instance
2. Go to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/log and re-name the serverLog.txt file. This will allow for a clean log to review.
3. Turn on logging in the logging.conf file (located in PPM_HOME/conf).
Add/Update the following lines in logging.conf:
com.kintana.core.logging.PRODUCT_FUNCTION_LOGGING_LEVEL = com.kintana.core.notifications, DEBUG
com.kintana.core.logging.SYSTEM_THRESHOLD = DEBUG
Note: Restore the original logging.conf settings after the test is complete
4. Start the PPM instance.
5. Go to PPM_HOME/bin and run "sh kRunCacheManager.sh A".
6. In the Dashboard, trigger a email notification
7. Confirm the row was written to KNTA_NOTIF_TXN_PARENTS table.
8. Open the serverLog.txt file and review the notification messages. Confirm the email was sent to the mailserver.
Also there is a table in PPM database called KNTA_NOTIF_TXN_PARENTS. In the KNTA_NOTIF_TXN_PARENTS table, if the column is set to 'Y'. The notification is considered to be sent. If the notification has not been forwarded successfully to the SMTP server, then it is considered not sent, and the NOTIFICATION_SENT_FLAG will be set to 'N'. So, ITG will then queue it up and will attempt to send it again.
select * from knta_notif_txn_parents where notification_sent_flag='N'
Select * from knta_notif_txn_parents where notification_sent_flag='Y'