Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Visitor.. Janice
Visitor..

cache directory

Can the contents of the <ppm_home>/cache be deleted?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: cache directory

Hi,
Is the "Directory Cleanup Service" running without exceptions?
What is the value of WEB_CACHE_DIR in your server.conf file?
Is a network share mounted under it or not?
Is this a PPM cluster on more than one server machine? Do all operating system users used to start PPM nodes have access to write/delete files there?
Best Regards,
Iliya
0 Likes
Visitor.. Janice
Visitor..

Hi Iliya,

How would I check if the Directory Cleanup Service is running?  I asked my 2 team members (I am new to PPM support) but didn't get an answer yet.  The server.conf does not have an entry for WEB_CACHE_DIR.  The cache directory is not mounted under the network share.  It is a cluster with 6 linux boxes running the application.  The user that starts the  PPM nodes does have access to write/delete files in the cache directory. Thanks for getting back to me!

0 Likes

Hi Janice,
My guess id that the contents in <ppm_home>/cache gets deleted frequently on one or some server machines but not on the others...

Check: Viewing the Services Audit Results Page...

**WEB_CACHE_DIR 
Specifies web cache directory.
Add this parameter to the server.conf file if it is not there and make sure to use a shared folder in clustered configuration so that whenever a chart in portlet is loaded by PPM Dashboard, it creates charts pictures into this shared folder. Then, the Directory Cleanup Service can automatically clean up the older pictures files.
Required only if all the nodes of the cluster are not located on the same physical machine AND in the same <PPM_Home> folder.
Example:
//<IP_Address>
/<Local_Drive_Letter>$
/<Shared_Folder>/
or
<File_Server_Name>$
/<Shared_Folder>

Best Regards,
Iliya
Visitor.. Janice
Visitor..

Hi Iliya,

Thank you for the information and references.  I found out that the Directory Cleanup Service is enabled, but since we don't have the Web_Cache_Dir specified, it isn't accomplishing anything.  Now I know how to fix that.  Thank you!

Janice

0 Likes

Hi Janice,

You are welcome.

Best Regards,
Iliya
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.