Absent Member.. Mohit_Agrawal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

cannot delet SP postition

Hi All,

We have a staffing profile where the values forecasted show very peculiar after saving it.  Often it happens and I just delet the position and add again. But now I am not even able to delete the positions...nothing happens when I click on "Delete Position".

I tried many time and on different browsers and machines...Even when I try to assign a resource to that position then nothing happens on Save/Done. No progress bar..nothign...I clicked on "Delet Postion" and left the page open in a browser and after about 30 minutes it shows "Page cannot be displayed" on that pop up...

what could be the issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. Scorpex Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: cannot delet SP postition

Hi Mohit,

is the SP in planning, active or in approved status? have you tried changing the status to in planning or active and tried to delete the position then?

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mohit, 

I agree with Scorpex, try to change the status, if that does not helped you, could you please reproduce the issue and attach the server log? 

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

I am getting attached error if I try to change the staffing profile status from "In Planning" to "Active".

0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mohit,

According to your issue CalendarUtil blew up the buckets, please try the following:

1. UNCHECK the checkbox of "Calculate the forecasted labor costs from the staffing profile" in project settings Financial Management section first
2.Then DETACH the staffing profile.
3.Save changes, wait services to run.
4.ATTACH the staffing profile first
5.Then CHECK the checkbox of "Calculate the forecasted labor costs from the staffing profile" in project settings page

If this does not help you you may need to restart the application:

1) Stop the server.

2) Delete tmp and work and run kJSPCompiler.sh. Delete the two directories \server<\\tmp and \server\\work (file://tmp%20and%20/server/work)>

Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)

Note: Do not back these directories up as they will be re-created when the PPM instance is started.

3) Go to PPM_HOME/server/SERVER_NAME/log and re-name the serverLog.txt file. This will allow for a clean log to review.

Note: Repeat for all servers (nodes)

4) Restart server

5) Run kRunCacheManager.sh -A (clear all cache).

6) Clear ALL cache and history in Internet Explorer

If you have clustering, please repeat this for the entire nodes.

Best Regards,

Carolina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Absent Member..

How would it affect the actual cost oin the project?

Also shall I "Delete the staffing profile"? I don;t see Detach option.

I created a new stand alone staffing and imported all positions from the corrupted one so that I can later import from this to the new staffing profile. But the problem is that imported positions have very corrupted data (in the forecatsed cells)...so how do I make sure that staffing profile is again created on the project accurately without any problem to the manager??

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.