Established Member.. Nilay___
Established Member..

cost category and expense type's default value

hello,

i need to set default value for cost category and expense type for staffing profile advanced tab. For example can i set Employee for cost category field or Opex for Expense Type field?

On KNTA_LOOKUPS_NLS table i can change which cost category could be enabled or not (lookup_type=BUDGET_EXPENSE_TYPE). But i can't change the default value neither Cost Category nor Expense Type.

Is there any way?

thanks,

have a nice day.

0 Likes
6 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: cost category and expense type's default value

Hello Nilay,

I found that is working by design. There is an Hp internal ER requesting an Option to set a default, so that anytime add a position it could have by default either Capex or Opex but this enhancment request is closed without changes.

Also there is a public enhancement request asking for Default Expense Type when adding new Position to Staffing Profile thi ER was deferred too. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1L54900

Please let me know if you have more doubts or if you are ok with this.

Best regards,
Carolina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Established Member.. Nilay___
Established Member..

Hello Carolina,

thanks for quick reply, this ER is for PPM 9.2 so we can assume that there is any workaround for our current version.
This ER is for Expense Type, it is valid for Cost Category field either i guess, right?

thanks,
Nilay.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Nilay,

No, this ER is for  Expense Type.

If you have the capitalization enabled, the advanced tab will default to Capital cost.  But if you set up a new testing instance where this parameter is set to false (no capitalization) and you go again to Advance tab you will see that opex is selected and it is greyed out.

So, i think we have no workaround for any PPM version.

Thanks.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Loc_Nguyen_PPM Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi Nilay,

About set defaul for Cost Category field, we also have Enhancement Request for this, please take a look. http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1L53064

Thanks.

“HP Support
0 Likes
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Nilay,

the URl I gave you is for Expense type, I found an internal ER asking the same for cost category KM1049513 but also it was closed with no change.

Also you can see a public ER by the following URL that my co-worker provided you: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1L53064.

So there is no work around for make this because seems this is no functionally for majority customers.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Regards,
Carolina.

“HP Support
0 Likes
Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I just want to add, since I've logged these ERs in the past, that in our opinion the values that are set as "default" in the validations should become the defaults on the staffing profile form. This should be a simple change for HP to make, and would let customers determine what their defaults are.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.