Respected Contributor.. eversd1 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

deleting an old cost rule

Jump to solution

We have a few cost rules that are no longer used.  How can we determine if it is "safe" to delete them?  We want to delete them just to keep our environment 'clean'.  Is it worth the risk?  Have others deleted cost rules that have an end date and is there no detrimental ramifications?

thank you

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: deleting an old cost rule

Jump to solution

Hello,

We do use cost rules at our end as well. i think the ramifinactions depend on which version of PPM you are on. If you are on version lower than 9.32 then i can say there will certainly be issues with the actual costs. If you are on 9.32 or later version then probably not. [will have to test them]

As a best practice i would leave the old cost rules intact by having right end dates to each of them, thereby maintianing the audits as well. 

Regards,

Ajay 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. Amishra Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

We do use cost rules at our end as well. i think the ramifinactions depend on which version of PPM you are on. If you are on version lower than 9.32 then i can say there will certainly be issues with the actual costs. If you are on 9.32 or later version then probably not. [will have to test them]

As a best practice i would leave the old cost rules intact by having right end dates to each of them, thereby maintianing the audits as well. 

Regards,

Ajay 

Regards,
Ajay Mishra
Respected Contributor.. eversd1 Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you for that insight and advice Amishra.  We are at 9.2 so I will leave them be.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.