Established Member.. Nilay___
Established Member..

ppm can not be started

Dashboards - HP Software Support

hello,

i can't start our ppm production environment by sh kStart.sh command, i have following error as i trying to open ppm:

$ sh kStart.sh
Error: Could not find or load main class com.kintana.core.server.tools.ConvertPath
JAVA_HOME = C:/Java/jdk1.7.0_03/
Error: Could not find or load main class com.kintana.core.server.tools.ConvertPath
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/server.conf' for reading (No such file or directory)
java version "1.7.0_03"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_03-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 22.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/server.conf' for reading (No such file or directory)
basename: missing operand
Try `basename --help' for more information.
Server will start in standalone mode...
JAVA_HOME = C:/Java/jdk1.7.0_03/
java version "1.7.0_03"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_03-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 22.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
Error: Could not find or load main class com.kintana.core.server.ServerStartupSanity
Node PROD sanity failed. See server log for detail.
PPM failed the pre-startup sanity checks and will not start

by the way i can't run any commands like kStatus, kStart,kSupport... (every command under bin folder), i send you our last server.log file (because i can't run support command).

thanks,
have a nice day.
0 Likes
2 Replies
CGut Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ppm can not be started

Hello Nilay ,

1. What is you PPM version?

2.Has any recent change been made to the system? ( Patch, customization, recently installation of oracle apps, java…)?

3. Please try to kill all java process and also configured the Java to be the right version and set JAVA_HOME to point to the latest java version.

If that does not helped you can try to copy bin folder from an instance that works.

Please let me know the results, 

Best Regards, 

Carolina. 

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member.. Nilay___
Established Member..

Re: ppm can not be started

hello Carolina,

i had opened a case in ppm support either, we had a webex session they added tools.jar under PPM folder and run jsp compiler command, the cause of problem was tools.jar file was in the wrong place. 

By the way we had a db service interruption problem, after fixing this issue with db team the problem fixed entirely.

thanks for you attention,

have a nice day.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.