Established Member.. Nilay___
Established Member..

ppm spell check functioanility

hello,

is there any functionality i can use for spell check in ppm? I need to control text fields and warn user about spelling mistakes.

As far as i know in 9.3 version there is not a current solution in PPM, but is there any external solution like web services, tools or configuration i can apply?

thanks,
have a nice day.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Natalia_R_PPM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ppm spell check functioanility

Hello Nilay, 

Unfortunately, PPM doesn’t have this functionalit

There are a couple of enhancement request created and this feature but the status is closed without change. 

QCCR1L39939 Spell check in PPM fields PPM 9.20

QCCR1L37644 Spell Checking capability PPM 9.20

QCCR1L30352 Provide a spell check feature within HP PPM Center  PPM 9.30

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1L30352

In addition, I found the following information in one of the ER

“There is currently no spell check feature in HP PPM Center, and users have to resort to workarounds such as Web Browser built-in spell checker or copy/paste text in MS Word for detecting typos and misspellings.”

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Natalia Rojas

” If you find this or any post useful to resolve the issue, please mark this thread as correct answer and other members can benefit with the information given

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Established Member.. Nilay___
Established Member..

Re: ppm spell check functioanility

hello Natalia,

yes, in chrome, ie and mozilla there is a setting we can activate spell check functionality, but i need to not allow user to continue the step if text field has mistaken spelling. I check it in oracle side, i found a procedure spellchecks in MS word with oracle webutil utility, but if i find a way check columns in oracle (varchar2 type) i can create a prosedure in db and call it from ppm. Do you know any functionality in oracle i can check columns?

thanks,

have a nice day.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.