Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

security on override project health

Can anyone HPE speak to how the access to a project's "override" option (override health) works? Is it just the named project manager who has access to this? Is there a way I can allow others to have access?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. DomPPM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: security on override project health

Hello Erik,

I hope you are doing great today.

I have been looking around for this information and I have found that in the "Project Management user's guide" there is information about the override project health setting. Also, for the security of this, you can go to the project settings and click on the "Project Health" tab, in there you'll find the checkbox "Allow Project Participants to override the project's calculated health".

I hope this helps, please let me know.

Best regards,

Dominic C.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi...I wondered about this because I have a case where that checkbox is ticked, and I have a person who is a member of a security group that I added to the Stakeholders but the user still cannot update the health.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. DomPPM Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Erik,

Hope you are doing great today.

If you create a new project and add this particular person to the stakeholders from the beggining, do you experience this same issue?

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Dominic C.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hey Dominic,

Yeah I tried that with a test project and it acts the same. The only way I can get the Override button to show is if the user is selected as one of the project managers. Is this the intended behavior? If not, I'll open a ticket.

Curiously, there must be some other logic in there as well because as PPM Administrator I have access to it without being a named project manager....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.