Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

staffing profile security

Jump to solution

Can someone refresh my memory on staffing profile security?

What are the Proposal Managers and Proposal Process Participants groups?

For profiles linked to proposals, we wish to grant edit access to person(s) selected on the proposal form. Is this possible? Can we alternatively create a security group and have those users always have access to proposal staffing profiles?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. randull Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: staffing profile security

Jump to solution

Hi Erik,

I replicated on 9.22 and I was able to get the option to add a security group.

Best regards,
Randall

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
6 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Erik,

You can create a new security group for those people, and give them the Edit All Staffing profile access grant. But, they will have access to all the staffing profiles.

Proposal Managers are always able to edit the Staffing Profile and Project Managers and Benefit Managers are always able to edit the Financial Summary in a proposal.

Proposal process participants refer to all users added into Workflow steps for this proposal Request type.

Best regards,
Randall

"If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

So we have a team whose job it is to estimate the labor for proposals. They should be able to create & edit the staffing profile for all proposals. How can I accomplish this without letting them edit all staffing profiles?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Erik,

I guess you can add their security group on the staffing profile access. You go to configure access on the staffing profile and add the security group there, also, give them the type of access you want.

Best regards,
Randall

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

But you don't have the option to add groups, only users.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Erik,

I replicated on 9.22 and I was able to get the option to add a security group.

Best regards,
Randall

Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ok then, this must be new because I don't have that option in 9.14. Looking forward to upgrading. Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.