Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

uninstall operational reporting?

Does anyone know how to remove the operational reporting objects from the PPM schema? I'm talking about all the _CDC tables/views and the AQ$_ tables.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Wesly_Q_PPM Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: uninstall operational reporting?

Hi

My name is Wesly Quesada

I was searching and I found if you remove the operational reporting objects from your PPM Schema, you will get perfomance issue.

My recomendation is to let them there.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Wesly,

Where exactly did you found this information that removing the PPM reporting CDC tables from the PPM Schema would impact performance? That would be quite surprising, I'd love to learn more about it.

As for removing the PPM Reporting content pack, what is the CP version deployed? CP2.0? CP3.0? CP4.0? 

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Etienne

Of Course, please check the guide named "Operational Reporting for PPM Center Release Notes", in this docuemtation you could find all information about operational reporting. 

Best Regards  

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Also I will attach the guide named "Operational Reporting Administrator’s Guide" to get more information about the topic

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Wesly,

Better point to the Online version of the documentation, it's more likely to be kept up to date and is easier to search:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/ppm/en/9.42/Help/Content/IntroTopics/OpRptCG.htm

Also, I haven't found the Reporting Release Notes document you've been mentioning.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi Etienne

It will a pleasure to share with you the guide again,

Please let me know if you are available to see it

Also, These guides have the lastest information about Operational Reporting

Best Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks for the document. Where in it is it mentioned that removing Operational Reporting Objects will impact performance ? I still cannot locate the source of this information.

0 Likes
DanielJiang Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Unless you want to uninstall the PPM Reporting Database as well, otherwise those cdc tables have to be in the PPM schema.

If you are not using the PPM Reporting DB any more, you could try to find those drop scripts in the CP installation bundle. We have rebuilt the reporting DB many times, the first thing it does is to drop the cdc tables and then recreate them in the PPM schema. I will take some time to extract all those drop statements from the installation scripts.

Have fun.

Daniel

0 Likes
Erik Cole Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

FWIW, I was trying to re-install on a non-prod environment. Because the CDC tables in the PPM schema were very full (6+ months of “stacked up” change data) the vendor script was unable to delete all the data efficiently & was running for three days continuously. So I manually ran the following to drop the queue tables first (which had 11M rows!) which was several orders of magnitute faster:

--find all queues

select * from all_queues where owner = 'PPMPROD';

-- code to drop them (run for each queue)

BEGIN

DBMS_AQADM.STOP_QUEUE(queue_name => 'PPM_ETL_DAILY_70_QUEUE');

DBMS_AQADM.DROP_QUEUE_TABLE(queue_table => 'PPM_ETL_DAILY_70_TABLE', force =>true);

END;

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.