Highlighted
Absent Member.. Niraj Prabhu Absent Member..
Absent Member..

user access on a request type using validation user data

Hi,

I am trying to setup user access on a request type. When I use a user field on the request form as the user access entry, the setup allows dynamically grant access to the person listed in the request field.

Now, I need to modify access grant to use a field validation user data information to determine who can have access to the request. Is this possible?

I tried [VAL.UD.USR_ACCESS]  & [REQD.P.CUSTOMER_LOCATION.UD.USR_ACCESS] to resolve a security group ID, but this seems to be not working as I was hoping it will, hence needed your input.

I would appreciate your inputs on this.

Regards,
Niraj 

Niraj P.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. kwood55 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: user access on a request type using validation user data

Be sure to force a users permissions to the request type:

From the PPM Workbench > Sys Admin > Security Groups

1         Open the users security group (or whatever you use for user access grants)

2         Select the Access Grants tab.

3         Remove the access grant titled “Edit All Requests”

This access grant gives these users kind of a global set of permissions.

Removing this access grant restricts permissions to permissions defined in each each Request Type (access tab).

4         Ensure access grant titled “Edit Requests” is linked.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.