shantikala15 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

while importing custom

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I am facing issue while importing custom object through ppm work bench as well as through command line.

Through ppm workbench i am getting  Invalid username/password.  Logon denied. (KNTA-10012) .

since i verified the username and password are correct but still why its shwoing logon denied i am confused.

through command line when i execute it says import failed.

please suggest

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: while importing custom

Jump to solution

Thanks Mahen.

It was really helpfull i am able to sort out this issue from your comments.

Thanks a lot for the help

0 Likes
3 Replies
Mahen M Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shantikala,
What is your PPM Version? What is the OS on which PPM application runs? Windows or Linux? The below step is for Windows server.

Where exactly are you seeing the msgs? Are you seeing while selecting the object or while migrating the package.

We can try to add the following to your .bash_profile.

export JAVA_HOME=/cygdrive/c/Java/JDK1.8.0_25
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
export PS1='$ '
export TERM=dumb
stty cols 999

The "PS1" setting will avoid the possibly having an issue of exceeding command line length restrictions. 
The "stty cols 999" will avoid the appearance of an exact command length failure
The "TERM" type must be one of the supported types dumb, vt100, or vt220

I have faced this issue long back in older versions, not anymore. Check whether Environment Checks are successful.

Regards,
Mahendran M
0 Likes
Mahen M Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Both the Source Password and the Destination Password should be changed

a) During the Migrate step of a Content Migration Workflow, it always uses the username of the user who is acting on the "migrate" step.

b) Migration process consists of two parts: Extract and Import.

c) During the Extract phase, it tries to authenticate the above user (user acting on the migrate step) using the "source password" against the source instance.

d) During the Import phase, it tries to authenticate the same user using the "destination password" against the destination instance.

e) Therefore the password of the user who is creating the Package is not used at all.

f) Therefore, during the "migrate" step, the user must change the password to the password of the user acting on this step for both "source password" and "destination password".

Regards,
Mahendran M
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Mahen.

It was really helpfull i am able to sort out this issue from your comments.

Thanks a lot for the help

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.