Highlighted
vishalanm
Member.

11.3 Version

hi
I just need clarity with 11.3 version
Does it not support hyper-v virtual machines?

i have upgraded to 11.3 from 11.2 (just copied the setup to forge Vm)
But i see somehwere on the 11.3 documentation that it states

" Platespin Forge 11.3 no longer supports protection of windows server with the Hyper-v role ".

Please advice on the matter- as in my understanding only Vmware environment can seamlessly run platespin forge 11.3 from now on.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: 11.3 Version

I think you may have misunderstood the situation. Virtual machines running on a Hyper-V host are still supported by PlateSpin Protect and Forge in version 11.3. However, what has changed is that in version 11.3 you cannot protect the Hyper-V host itself. I hope this clarifies things.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.