Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1089 views

Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


Booting off the PSTakeControl ISO worked fine with the HP BL460 G6
family when HP used the Broadcom network driver but now that HP has
switched to an Emulex driver with the G7 family, the pstakecontrol iso
that was included with 9.0 and 9.1 won't discover the NIC. Is there an
easy way to get this resolved? We keep getting an error that the
pstakecontrol can't locate a network adapter during the initial
configuration (i.e. asking for the URL of the platespin migrate server
and the username/password to connect to it). Since all of our new blade
servers are G7's, we've come to a complete halt in doing x2P's.

Thanks for your help!


--
planes2001
------------------------------------------------------------------------
planes2001's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=94800
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


Oh and 1 more thing, all of the research I've come up with says that the
WINPE driver for the G7 only supports WINPE3, nothing earlier.


--
planes2001
------------------------------------------------------------------------
planes2001's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=94800
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


Same issue here w/ Dell 2850 - takecontrol doesn't detect any NIC's.
This was on my PSM server version 9.0 and again on 9.1 after the
upgrade. Using the latest takecontrol iso (for both 9.0 & 9.1,
respectively) w/o any success.


--
aminali
------------------------------------------------------------------------
aminali's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=100710
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


If you are running into this issue, you should contact the support team.
They will do everything they can to assist. There is no single fix
here; it must be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.


--
zeevromm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
zeevromm's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=77856
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


Seeing the exact same problem case has been opened up.


--
MacDaddy2004
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MacDaddy2004's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122392
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


planes2001;2152823 Wrote:
> Booting off the PSTakeControl ISO worked fine with the HP BL460 G6
> family when HP used the Broadcom network driver but now that HP has
> switched to an Emulex driver with the G7 family, the pstakecontrol iso
> that was included with 9.0 and 9.1 won't discover the NIC. Is there an
> easy way to get this resolved? We keep getting an error that the
> pstakecontrol can't locate a network adapter during the initial
> configuration (i.e. asking for the URL of the platespin migrate server
> and the username/password to connect to it). Since all of our new blade
> servers are G7's, we've come to a complete halt in doing x2P's.
>
> Thanks for your help!


Since we were never able to get this to work, can you please keep us
posted on what they say? Thanks!


--
planes2001
------------------------------------------------------------------------
planes2001's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=94800
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


planes2001;2166713 Wrote:
> Since we were never able to get this to work, can you please keep us
> posted on what they say? Thanks!


I have the exact same issue and was hoping someone posted something 🙂
I too am going to open a service request with Novell today. Will let
you folks know what they come back with. Last time we had an issue with
BL460c G6 and older version of Platespin Migrate, they had us download a
new WINPE ISO, as documented in their 7005730 article. But I don't see
newer ISOs out there for Platespin Migrate 9.1.


--
IMTREE
------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMTREE's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122493
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


IMTREE;2168438 Wrote:
> I have the exact same issue and was hoping someone posted something 🙂
> I too am going to open a service request with Novell today. Will let
> you folks know what they come back with. Last time we had an issue with
> BL460c G6 and older version of Platespin Migrate, they had us download a
> new WINPE ISO, as documented in their 7005730 article. But I don't see
> newer ISOs out there for Platespin Migrate 9.1.


Just hit this same problem, how did you go with your Service Request?


--
bamlhk
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bamlhk's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122860
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


Ok, we raised a Service Request with Novell and turns out the BL 460 G7
driver was too new for the current ISO. Novell added the driver to the
ISO and it sent it to us. Worked fine.

I am not sure when they will add this to thier offical release but you
should be able to add the driver to the ISO using MagicISO. Similar to
when you used to build Windows boot discs and you would slipstream the
drivers on there so you wouldnt need to go find em as it tried to load
the drivers when installing.

Hope this helps.


--
bamlhk
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bamlhk's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=122860
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can't see NIC on HP BL460 G7


There are actually a couple of things that need to be done to modify the
ISO properly. The best bet is still to contact support, because we'll
modify the ISO for you.

The good news is that the underlying cause of this issue should be
resolved in the next release. If not, and until then, contact support
and we will help out.


--
zeevromm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
zeevromm's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=77856
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448053

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.