witekrolka
New Member.

Migrating workloads from AWS to Oracle Cloud

Hello,

I have a query with regard to PlateSpin Migrate's ability to migrate Windows and Linux workloads from AWS to Oracle Cloud.

I have gone through the latest documentation and am aware of the C2C capability for AWS to Azure and am wondering if AWS to Oracle Cloud is a capability that will be available in the near future considering that PlateSpin Migrate is a supported tool for Oracle Cloud migrations?

In the absence of AWS to Oracle Cloud C2C capability, am I able to use V2Image and Image2V functionality to migrate the workloads. The expected process would be to export the AWS workloads to an image and the load the images to a pre-built VM in Oracle Cloud. I have read in the documentation that cloud 2 image is not supported, is this still the case or would the process work but it just hasn't been tested/validated?

My final option is to perform a AWS to vSphere V2V migration followed by vSphere to Oracle Cloud V2V. Again, i expect this should work but I'm looking for confirmation.

Kind regards,
Witek.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Migrating workloads from AWS to Oracle Cloud

For this release of PlateSpin Migrate, we tested migrations between AWS, Azure, vCloud Director and on premise vCenter in every combination, so that is what we officially support. However, this does not mean that other migration scenarios cannot be performed, rather that we have not formally tested them in-house. It should be possible to migrate a workload from AWS to Oracle Cloud as long as the required networking is in place and other system requirements are met.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.