Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Platespin Migrate - P2P - iSCSI

I am planning on using Platespin Migrate to move several workloads (all
P2P) between DC's as part of a large scale consolidation project.

The question is around the target storage. I am forced to use HPE
Lefthand P4500 & StoreVirtual 4730 native iSCSI SAN arrays

I am struggling to find any specific mention of this protocol in the
documentation and need to understand if it is supported and if there
isany documentation to support this.

Thanks for reading

--
torbenjespersen
------------------------------------------------------------------------
torbenjespersen's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=13207
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=57266

0 Likes
3 Replies
philipsaenz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Platespin Migrate - P2P - iSCSI

Basically, as long as the potential source workload (the server that will be migrated) can see the drive/volume as a local drive, then PlateSpin should be able to handle it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
torbenjespersen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

philipsaenz;2449761 wrote:
Basically, as long as the potential source workload (the server that will be migrated) can see the drive/volume as a local drive, then PlateSpin should be able to handle it.

Thank you for the response, but it looks like you have confirmed regarding the source array.

I really need to understand about the target array if iSCSI is supported on the physical target server

Thanks for looking
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi,

Please add the drivers to the bootofx.x2p.iso which has been downloaded from the migrate product site (PhysicalTarget-12.2.zip).

Check from the site for updating the drivers for the specific hardware from Knowledge Base.

If you are able to see the drivers after discovering the physical target, then you will be able to migrate the workload.

Otherwise, please reachout to support to assist you with a valid NETIQ ID.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.